Sunday, April 10, 2005

Music at Noon Mass
Processional Hymn: "The Strife is O'er, The Battle Done"
Offertory: "Cantate Domino" - Guiseppe Ottavio Pitoni (1657-1743)
Communion: "I Met the Good Shepherd"- L.M. Smith
Recessional Hymn: "Crown Him with Many Crowns"

The words to the Offertory were written by
Fr. Edward Caswall of the Birmingham Oratory:

I met the Good Shepherd, just now on the plain,
As homeward He carried His lost one again;
I marveled how gently His burden He bore;
And as He passed by me, I knelt to adore.

O Shepherd, Good Shepherd, Thy wounds they are deep;
The wolves have sore hurt Thee in saving Thy sheep.
Thy raiment all over with crimson is dyed;
And what is this rent they have made in Thy side?

O Shepherd, Good Shepherd, and is it for me
This grievous affliction has fallen on Thee?
Ah, then let me strive, for the love Thou hast borne,
To give Thee no longer occassion to mourn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home