Sunday, June 06, 2004

Music at the 11:30 am Mass
Processional Hymn: "Holy, Holy Holy"
Offertory: "O God Beyond All Praising"- Gustav Holst ( 1874-1934)
Communion: "Here, O My Lord"- Warren Swenson (1934- )
Postcommunion Hymn: "Firmly I Believe and Truly"
Recessional Hymn: "Holy God, We Praise Thy Name"

After today, our choir is going on break until the fall. Our director found a beautiful prayer which we have been praying together before each Mass, and it might be useful for any other choir folks out there.

"Open my mouth, O Lord, in praise of Thy Holy Name. Cleanse my heart of all worldly thoughts. Prepare my intellect and inflame my will that I may worthily sing this Divine Service. As we gather to sing Thy praise, may we but touch one soul and lead it to Thee. May our music foreshadow Thy beauty, which we shall see forever in Thy Kingdom. Through Christ our Lord. Amen"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home