Monday, June 02, 2003

Fourth Day
of the Novena to the Holy Spirit. The link to the previously given novena prayers is here.

" My most Holy Lord and Sanctifier, whatever there is of good in me is Thine. Without Thee, I should but get worse and worse as years went on, and should tend to be a devil. If I differ at all from the world, it is because Thou hast chosen me out of the world, and hast lit up the love of God in my heart. If I differ from Thy Saints, it is because I do not ask earnestly enough for Thy grace, and for enough of it, and because I do not diligently improve what Thou hast given me. Increase in me this grace of love, in spite of all my unworthiness. It is more precious than anything else in the world. I accept it in place of all the world can give me. O give it to me! It is my life. " - Venerable John Henry Newman, C.O.

Meditations and Devotions



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home