Saturday, February 22, 2003

The Feast of the Chair of St. Peter
is today. There is information on the feast here .
The homily today was, of course, on the See of Peter as God-given source of unity. Among other points in his homily, Fr. Bryan mentioned that this was important in his own conversion to Catholicism.

"So it is; the course of ages has fulfilled the prophecy and promise, 'Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church; and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth, shall be bound in heaven, and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.' That which in substance was possessed by the Nicene Hierarchy, that the Pope claims now. I do not wish to put difficulties in my way: but I cannot conceal or smooth over what I believe to be a simple truth, though the avowal of it will be very unwelcome to Protestants, and, as I fear, to some Catholics. "

Letter to the Duke of Norfolk- Venerable John Henry Newman, C.O.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home