Monday, November 25, 2002

Thanksgiving
Blogs4God asked us to send in little lists of things for which we thank God.
Here's mine :
I am thankful to God that I exist...
For the Incarnation and the Redemption...
For the Sacraments, and for the Eucharist in particular....
For the fact that the Faith engages all of a person, from the intellect and will to the aesthetic sense and the emotions...
For my mother...
For the Oratorians...
For my brothers and sisters in the Secular Oratory
For the college students and all the other people our Oratory serves...
For Our Lady and her fiat ...
For all the saints, with special gratitude for St. Philip Neri, the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales, and Venerable John Henry Newman, C.O. ...
For the different writers whose works have given me so much, from St. Augustine and St. John Cassian, to Venerable Newman, G.K. Chesterton and Ronald Knox... Special gratitude for the amazing John Ronald Reuel Tolkien....
For Sunday Vespers with Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament...
For our choir director, who, in an era of Haugen and Haas, has our congregation doing Gregorian chant and us singing Mozart, Palestrina, Victoria, and Byrd...
For the people I see reading Tolkien on the bus..
For the little quiver of joy I feel at weddings and ordinations...
I could go on and on, but I think that's enough for the moment...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home