Friday, October 18, 2002

Why Quenta Nârwenion ?

I've been using the name 'Nârwen' on several boards for a while now. It's Sindarin Elvish, meaning ...'rat-maiden.' ( I happen to be fond of domestic rats, though due to circumstances beyond my control, I have none at the moment, alas ! ) I figure that since the Quenta Silmarillion is the tale of the Silmarilli and things concering them, the 'tale' of 'Nârwen' and things concerning her could be 'Quenta Nârwenion ' . I thought of a few other titles, like Gaudete Semper or Cor ad Cor, but I figured there's enough Catholic blogs with Latin names. Why not something a little different ?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being fond of rats you should know about a wonderful charity -
http://www.herorat.org/

These rats are trained to sniff out landmines and also to diagnose tuberculosis. These rats save many lives this way.

May Eru Iluvatar ever guide you.
Rimmwen

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home